This morning I downloaded the new Madonna album, Hard Candy to give it a listen while I was studying. Let me state here that I am not a fan of Madonna and I only like some of her older songs with the exception of her previous album (Confessions on the Dance Floor) which I remember listening to a lot and actually enjoying. This is not the type of music I choose to listen to unless I’m out in a bar or something.
So I gave Hard Candy a full listen to see what all the fuss was about and with the exception of a few moments (not even whole songs) I did not like it. I heard the 4 Minutes single she did with Justin Timberlake and I cannot see what is good about it either. I find the whole album very dull. I cannot describe it in a better way. I found it dull and repetitive.
By the time I had reached the last song my head was hurting. This is the first time music has given me a headache before. Actually it’s not the first time but all the other times involved a lot of headbanging and the headache was always worth it. It all started when I “twittered” that the new Madonna album gave me a headache and then decided to take it a step further. I like poking fun at simple things like this. Mocking the album like that was a great outlet for my frustration with the coursework I was doing at the time. Here are the tweets in the order I posted them.
- The new Madonna album gave me a headache.
- The new Madonna album killed the pope.
- The new Madonna album dethroned the queen and increased all our taxes.
- The new Madonna album ate my last oreo.
- The new Madonna album is behind global warming.
- The new Madonna album will kill you softly… with its words.
- The new Madonna album kidnapped Santa and cancelled Christmas. Forever.
- The new Madonna album – When you hear it you’ll shit bricks.
- The new Madonna album sneezed in my coffee.
- The new Madonna album attacked my mother with a spork.