Well hello there good readers! I’m Katie; you may know me from Kat Scratch Fever or potentially Names Changed*. I’ll be your entertainment for the next 2 hours here while we raise money for Doctor’s Without Borders. If you want to sponsor us, please do so here!
Ok, now that I got that out of the way! Hello there! I’m gonna take a moment and show off my new birthday present, cause I just got it today and it’s gorgeous and I have the bestest boyfriend in the whole wide world:
Isn’t it pretty?! White gold with 2 diamonds and a pink tourmaline. Ok, sorry, I’m excited and had to get that out of my system.
Here’s something for you! It’s a recipe that my dad wrote, a long time ago. I can’t vouch for if he created it himself or not, but I have cooked it and can vouch that it is delicious.
I preset, Spaghetti alla Carbonara! It’s a heart attack in a bowl, but super tasty.
1 pound spaghetti
1/2 pound bacon
5 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Fill kettle with water, add 1 tbsp salt and put over high heat.
- When water comes to a boil, add spaghetti. Float a little oil on top to keep strands from sticking together.
- While water is boiling, chop bacon. Put in frying pan and place over low heat.
- When bacon is done, remove from heat and set aside.
- Peel and slice garlic; set aside.
- Cook spaghetti for 12-15 minues.
- About 5 minutes before spaghetti ﬁnishes, beat eggs with fork until they turn lemon yellow.
- Right before spaghetti is done, return bacon to low heat and add sliced garlic.
- Strain spaghetti and put in large bowl.
- Hold frying pan with bacon and garlic in one hand, and beaten eggs in the other. Pour them simultaneously (bacon grease and all) into the spaghetti while a second person stirs while you pour.
- Add parmesan cheese and stir in. Salt and pepper to taste.
Ok, I’ll see you in half an hour with another Something Yummy to make!